Friday, August 11, 2006


I'm on a two-night layover in Hong Kong and on the way home......

Hong Kong is one of the world's most compacted cities and the streets really are teeming with people everywhere. I arrived around noon yesterday, bought an unlimited three-day subway ticket, found my hotel, and did some prowling in the afternoon. It didn't take me long to figure out this is no place for beginners so today I'm taking an organized morning tour of the city and this afternoon I'll try it again on my own.

The views to the right are the opposite of the street scenes--my hotel room faces the mountains and this is what I see when I open my curtains.

The trip to Xian was a highlight--far more than I had anticipated and I enjoyed so many things there in addition to the Terracotta Warriors. That exhibit alone would have justified the overnight trip.

I did get stuck out at the Xian airport, though, and was over three hours late departing which put me into the hotel in Beijing around midnight with a 5:00 am flight the next morning to Hong Kong--that's the reason for the hasty post without any comments on the Warriors.

I anticipate the tour will be intereresting this morning and I should have some good photos this afternoon. I will probably make one--maybe two--more posts before heading back to the States.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors