Monday, January 29, 2007

Did my first day of training today and it went pretty well. I have a group of electrical linemen from Con Edison and they seem like a pretty good group. We drove this afternoon and basically made a complete loop around the Manhattan Island. We drove down around the World Trade Center site and around on the east beltway past the Brooklyn Bridge and up to Harlem. On the way to Harlem we passed the United Nations building and then drove through Harlem past the Apollo Theater where they still had the black banners up from James Browns’ funeral recently. We then worked our way south past Central Park into midtown. I figure by Friday I will have a pretty good idea of Manhattan. For lunch we stopped at some off-the-wall Italian deli one of the guys knew about and it was really good but food is really expensive here. My daily food allotment is not going to cover my expenses on this trip.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors