Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'm Heading to the Philippines at the End of August......and Pachuca, Mexico in Mid-September.....










Thank goodness the international work may be picking back up again. I'm doing a two-week job for the U.S. State Department in Manila, Philippines in early September. I'll be staying at a hotel right on Manila Bay and working at the U.S. Embassy . It will be my first trip to the Philippines and I've heard good things about it so I'm looking forward to the trip. I'll have a three-day layover in the middle of the job and plan to get in some day trips probably including a trip to Corregidor Island. I'll be posting as I can while over there.


As soon as I get back, Devin and I are headed to Mexico City by plane and Pachuca by bus to see the Houston Dynamo play the legendary Club de FĂștbol Pachuca--the oldest and most successful professional soccer club in Mexico. Pachuca is listed as the highest and coldest city in Mexico--high in the mountains and established over a century ago by Welch miners who also created the soccer club there. This trip does promise to be an exciting one!!!

No comments:

Contributors