Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Watched the US Soccer Team Beat Algeria in South Africa at a Sports Bar in Indonesia Wearing a Houston Dynamo Jersey.....

.....talk about a World Cup experience!!!!!


I was the only Yank in the place so I got the small-screen TV. The two projection screens had the England/Slovenia game which was important to the US team also so I watched both games at the same time. Fantastic finish in the final two minutes--the reason I enjoy soccer so much.....excellent result (as the Brits say).


















The first 2-day class went ok and we finished up yesterday. This may not be a particularly interesting four weeks of blog materials--Pekanbaru is pretty remote and without much in the form of tourism. Walking around, I took a few shots of some of the local buildings. They are definitely Asian but not in the Thai style, more Chinese I think--and the Islamic tradition here also seems to affect their architecture.






































JUST HOW FAR IS IT TO THE KAYU MANTIS RESTAURANT ANYWAY?????

The sign says "plus or minus one kilometer"--just how far is that?


No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors