Monday, May 11, 2015

Spent a Full Day in Herzegovina and the Pictures are Amazing......

.....plus we had some of the most amazing weather imaginable.

The tour didn't get back to the hotel until very late at night and I'm flying out this morning, so I'm basically just posting pictures today.

Konjic--17th century 6-arched bridge over Neretva River.  Destroyed by the Nazis at the end of WWII but obviously rebuilt.


Waterfalls near Pocitelj:


Remains of Ottoman Turk walled city.  We drove to the top and walked back down through the ruins.




At Blagaj, we visited the source of the springs for the Neretva River and picked our own trout for lunch.





Mostar was the highlight of the trip--featuring a 16th century bridge.  During the 90s war, it took the Serbs three months of constant shelling to destroy it.  Rebuilt now, with most of the original stones, it is amazing.


At Mostar, we visited a 16th century mosque and I climbed the minaret tower--a first for me but the view was great.




Still haven't been able to check in for my flight this morning but unless there's a glitch, I should be home around midnight tonight.  Great trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If some one wants expert view concerning blogging afterward i recommend him/her to go to see this website, Keep up the good job.



Here is my weblog - webpage - -

Blog Archive

Contributors