Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Half Marathon Course was as Charming as it was Tough.....



.....and it was the toughest I've done yet. I've never done one with such beautiful scenery however. I usually set a sub-3-hour goal for myself and I completed this one in 3:14:00 and am very happy with it. Especially the last three miles, the hills really caused me to fade.


The weather was nearly perfect--about 67 degrees with clear skies and sunny weather. We did have one short shower but the sun came right back out and dried us off. Especially along the coast, we had a really nice breeze.

A lot of my tour group were at the finish line, cheering the late finishers and afterward we had a nice post-race gathering. This has been a good group. I accomplished what I set out to do: three days; three races; and four medals.



After the race I cleaned up and walked back downtown, had a light lunch, and spent about an hour walking around downtown Hamilton just to relax my legs.

Here are some random photos from the course today.....




















No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors