Tuesday, September 10, 2013

It Was Irish Night Out in Kosovo Last Night......

.....with dinner at Paddy O'Briens.


And while the food was good and the atmosphere really was authentic "Irish pub," I found myself eating a British meal of "bangers and mash," drinking a Kosovo beer, watching Australian rugby, and listening to American rock music on the speakers.  I'm sure Paddy was spinning in his grave......

I'm nearly mid-way through my second week here and the group this week is another good group: one from Kosovo; one from Bulgaria; one from Malta and a British guy attached to the American consulate in Munich.  As a gesture to the Bulgarian student, we ate lunch at a kebab restaurant  today and it was good enough I may go back again next week one day.

Next weekend will be my last free days here and I'm working on a possible trip down into Macedonia and back up into the old Medieval Kosovo town of Prizren.  If it develops, it should be a really special side trip.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors