Thursday, January 09, 2014

Commuted to South America This Week for Work.....

.....at least technically, I guess.   The Hotel is north of the Panama Canal and the company location is south and a lot of geographers consider the canal itself to be the delineation between the North and South Americas.  Each morning we leave the hotel around 7:30 and go along the Pan American Highway onto a large bridge over the Canal.  The first three days of work were about 11 hour days--back as it was getting dark.  Temperatures has been in the mid-90s this week.

The company location is really pretty remote in an industrial park but the landscape here is, as I expected, lush tropical foliage.  Everything is dark green here, at least some rain every day, and lots of palm and coconut trees everywhere.  The hours have been so long that I really haven't been able to see much except the commute since I've been here.  I did walk around behind the hotel yesterday after we got back and shot a picture of this amazing building.



This was a good group--I had students from Panama, Venezuela, Brazil, Chile and Mexico.


It has been a long, hard week, and Wednesday they decided to go out as a group and celebrate.  We loaded up in a large taxi and headed out, first to a bowling alley.  I don't recall ever bowling since I was in high school, but I had a good time.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors