Sunday, April 18, 2010

Absolutely Beautiful Day Saturday But Sunday Was Back to Grey Overcast Skies.....

.....as you can see in the pictures of my previous post. Last night was really nice too, turned cool but still a nice day all in all.

This morning, however, the sun was completely hidden and has yet to come out. When its gloomy here, it is downright depressing. I'm not sure if the volcano is causing this or just lousy weather. I'm keeping an eye on the volcano news--I'm scheduled to fly out next Friday but right now the airports here, in Frankfurt, and all over Europe are closed.

I did to to the soccer game Saturday night and enjoyed myself thoroughly. They take their soccer seriously over here and it was a different experience. I know most people who read this blog aren't into soccer, but I posted a more in-depth description of it--including a couple of videos and a lot of photos--in another blog where I communicate mostly with Devin. If you want to check it out, here's the address:

http://dynamotraveler.blogspot.com/

I visited an antique flea market today (Sunday) but didn't find anything I can't live without--lots of old Nazi and Russian military stuff but I can't tell the difference between authentic and replicas and nothing I'm particularly interested in anyway. It started raining so I caught a trolley back to the hotel and spent most of the afternoon just taking it easy in the room and getting my materials ready for Monday.

Monday morning was nicer weather and the Croatian airport is open today. I'm doing two short refresher courses this week and today I had students from Bosnia, Macedonia and Hungary. The student from Belgium was the only volcano ash casualty. It's really nice working with these guys because they speak excellent English--in fact they use a lot of slang terms.
We wrapped up the first refresher program this afternoon (Tuesday) and they were a really good group. As usual, I got back to the hotel, changed clothes and put on my running shoes, and hit the streets for a little over two hours walking. I've done really well with my exercising while I've been here and it dawned on me this evening that by know I know the Old City well enough to be a tour guide. I know all the narrow, cobble stone alleys between the ancient buildings, all the park areas, and all the neat views of the lower city. I also know a lot of good restaurants around town. I'm kind of going to miss this place when I leave. If the volcano blows again, maybe I can spend a few more days here.....



No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors