Thursday, April 22, 2010

They Have Texas Weather in Croatia.....and I Should Be Flying Out Tomorrow Morning.....


.....What a difference a day makes--yesterday was warm and sunny and this morning it was cold, rainy, overcast and strong winds. I mean cold like where people were wearing scarves and gloves today.

I finished up at noon today and got back to the hotel early so I walked around a while and decided to take a trolley to the Technical Museum. Its not something I would usually visit but I was killing time and it turned out I really enjoyed myself. Like all museums here, the admission is ridiculously cheap but the museum was fantastic and I ended up spending almost all afternoon there.

They had exhibits on old fire equipment--the photo above is a 1925 Chevrolet fire truck used by the Zagreb fire department. There were also exhibits on grist milling history, oil wells, old cars, airplanes, streetcars and all types of transportation. They even had a small submarine. I had good timing today and got to go into a coal mine and even though the guide didn't speak English, I enjoyed it too.








I checked with Croatia Airlines this afternoon and they said my flight tomorrow morning is scheduled to leave on time and my connection in Frankfurt should be ok too. We'll see.....

This evening I went back up to the Old Town and ate at a restaurant I hadn't been to before--pretty good but a little pricey. After that I took a trolley to the hotel to start packing. This has been a good trip and good job but it looks like I'm outta here.....

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors